Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Even Your Pets Can Get Creative.


I try to get everyone involved in art somehow or another. This piece was done by my two dogs Koyasha and Peanut. I taped a piece of bristol board to the deck out side and put little piles of different color paints (all non toxic pet safe) all around it. I than got the two dogs to walk through the paint and onto the bristol board. Of course I had to use treats to convince them to walk through the paint. But once they got the hang of it, it was crazy fun.

This is for sure an outside project for a nice sunny summer day. Peanut even sat on the board and moved her tail around all of the paint. A quick spary with the water hose cleaned them up very fast and easy. You can't see it in the picture but there is little dog hairs and pieces of grass in the piece. I think this adds to it. I was able to cut the large board up into several smaller pieces and send a couple of framed pieces of dog art home to my sister. Since that time I have lost Peanut, but I will always have this piece and the memories of that great day together.

What are some creative pieces you and your pets have done together?

The two smaller pictures next to thier art is their puppy pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment